The world of packaging is partially responsible for the waste that has a significant impact on the environment and the planet. Indeed, “between 5 and 12 million tons of plastic flow into our oceans every year.” (Ecolopharm, 2023) That’s why EDR Packaging wants to be part of the solution by offering a range of eco-friendly and reusable packaging solutions to businesses of all sizes. In this article, discover what truly constitutes an eco-friendly packaging solution, along with our selection of bags and packaging products.
What is an environmentally friendly packaging?
To determine if packaging is environmentally friendly, three simple criteria should be considered :
1- Made from recycled materials
Packaging made from recycled materials helps conserve natural resources such as trees, oil, and metals, while contributing to giving a new life to items placed in recycling bins. By using recycled materials, we can reduce our environmental impact.
2- Designed with fewer materials
Packaging can serve multiple purposes, especially in the case of perishable products such as food. Their packaging plays a crucial role in extending their shelf life and preventing waste. However, it’s possible for packaging to be composed of more materials than necessary (overpackaging) or, conversely, not enough materials (underpackaging). Striking the right balance between too much and too little packaging is crucial to limit waste and our environmental impact.
Although reusable packaging or bags should be prioritized, it’s not always possible to continue using packaging once the product is consumed. Therefore, this packaging must be recyclable, allowing it to be placed in the recycling bin and given a second life as packaging made from recycled materials.
Our range of eco-friendly bags and products
Our paper bags
The paper bags allow better food preservation while reducing the risk of mold due to the paper’s natural ventilation. They are also reusable and recyclable.
Our reusable bags
Opt for reusable bags to promote a smart and eco-friendly habit among your customers.
Our insulated bags
With our insulated bags, whether it’s a roasted chicken from the rotisserie or cold beverages from the grocery store’s refrigerator, your customers can keep their food at the right temperature between your point of sale and their residence.
Our custom bags and products
Want to show that your company is environmentally responsible by adding your brand to your bags and products? Choose from our range of personalized bags and products: :
- Non-woven or woven polypropylene bags
- Insulated woven polypropylene bags with matte or glossy lamination
- Kraft paper bags with or without “grocery/restaurant” handles
- Boutique-style paper bags
- Bakery style kraft paper bags
- Stand-up pouch bags
- Coffee bags
- Cotton bags
- Custom mailer bags
Why choose EDR Packaging?
- We have been in the industry for over 20 years, gaining extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of our market.
- Our extensive catalog of products made from sustainable materials offers various styles, materials, and formats to help you find the best reusable bags within your budget.
- Our services come with no hidden fees or surprises. Enjoy peace of mind by showcasing your brand on our customizable bags.
- We offer fast, friendly, and professional service.
- We stay in constant communication with our partners to stay updated on innovation, choices, samples, environment, cost control, and quality.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote, et ce, sans engagement. We take your needs to heart and ensure you get the best price for the best product.